Glass Elevator is a platform for professional women in the entertainment industry to share skills and network.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information You Directly Provide
When you use the Glass Elevator website to register for your Glass Elevator account, we will need to collect certain identification information from you. You understand that, by creating an account, we and others may be able to identify you by your Glass Elevator profile.
Registration. To create an account on Glass Elevator, you must provide us with at least your name, email address, occupation, IMDB page, and a username and password of your choice. Further, you must verify that you are a member of at least one of the Current Membership Options. This list may be modified at any time at Glass Elevator’s sole discretion. Glass Elevator reserves the right to use the information you provide, including your name and contact information, to verify your membership with any of the aforementioned organizations.
Optional Profile Information. You may provide us with additional information during registration, including your phone number, professional website, and Twitter account handle. Please do not add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
- Posting and Uploading. We collect personal data from you when you offer a class, host an event, or post a job. Please do not post or upload any personally-identifiable information, including contact information and a physical address, that you would not want to be publicly available. We will only share personal information with Members who successfully register to attend events and classes, however, the descriptions for events, classes, and job openings will be visible to Visitors. Personal data, including Profile information, will only be visible to Members.
2.2 Information That is Automatically Collected
Glass Elevator collects certain information automatically as you use and access the Services in order to provide better features and functionality and continue improving the services we provide. The following information is collected automatically:
- Usage Information. In order to enhance the features and services offered by Glass Elevator, we anonymously collect information about your activity when you use our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time and date of access, as well as location entries and search queries, in order to better cater to the needs and wishes of our Users.
Do-Not-Track. If Do-Not-Track is enabled and we receive the Do-Not-Track header from your browser, we will not embed any tracking code into our website.
3. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
• Provide and deliver the services and functionality that you request;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments and questions, providing customer service, and sending you other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine services and functionality;
- Verify your identity to prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
4. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS SHARED
4.1 Service Providers
We may use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
We store all collected contact and Services information with a backend database service. This information will be used solely to enable the server service to function, and will not be accessed or distributed for any other purpose.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4.2 Legal Disclosures
We reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe it is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
5. WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
Glass Elevator is based in the United States, so keep in mind that your use of our Services indicates consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in other countries. Please also be aware that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
Glass Elevator is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on Glass Elevator. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to Glass Elevator. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information.
7. CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access your personal information from the account settings on the Glass Elevator website and modify or change it at any time. Alternatively, you may request a change to your personal information by emailing email@example.com.